They immediately were up in arms and tears started to well up in the corner's of Kenady's eyes. That one I saw coming but I didn't expect Presley to have the same reaction. She said, "We can't feed them to the fish, or else their mothers will be sad..." She couldn't finish because she got choked up with tears and emotions. Then the waterworks came from both of them.
So I asked them what we should do with them and they said we should take them back to their mothers. (you can't keep them because they will die, we called the pet store to see if we could keep them as pets after we saw how much the girls loved them, but the answer was no. They said we could try to feed them with a syringe full of milk every 2 hours (not happening), but they would still probably die after not too long.)
So I thought Josh was going to say that he was taking them back but then feed them to the fish anyway, nope, we all loaded up in the car and took back the baby mice to their mothers.
Sidenote: in between the time that we decided to take them back and when we actually took them back, the girls got out their littlest pet shop stuff and played house with the baby mice. They were sitting in the the pet shop's house and swinging in the pet shops swing, they made nice soft beds for them, oh yeah, it was quite a sight.
Anyway, sleep well baby mice, back with your mother. ( I don't think I would have had the heart to feed them to the Arowana either, they were pretty dang cute for rodents!)
10 comments:
That is the saddest, most cutest story I have ever heard. I typically can't stand mice...but that story just melted my heart. Your girls are so sensitive and caring, those are great qualities, they will both be great moms, just like you!
That story melted my heart too!! You have the sweetest little girls! But I can't believe you actually took the mice back!? lol! But it sounds like you would have scarred those girls for life if you hadn't!?
How cute! What a fun memory of your little girls.
What caring little girls you have! They are going to make great mommies some day! That story pulled at my heart strings. The fish has to eat but I would never have been able to watch it! So now I want to know what the fish is going to eat?
Love this story. :) So cute. It is fun to see them care for something, even if it means they are crying. I am a sucker for a tender heart. :)
Too cute!
Necha,
The fish eat stinky pellets. :)
What tender hearted little girls! that is so sweet!
Oh that is such a sweet story! The things kids say! Too cute!
That is really cute! Girls will be girls.
Post a Comment