Monday, March 9, 2009

Case Lot Sale Bonanza!

Recently Josh and I have been trying to focus on our food storage a little more.  We had a little bit of food in our storage room and are trying to get a lot.  So Macey's had a case lot sale that started last weekend.  So me and my good friend Julie headed down, (with a trailer) and loaded up.  I even got the 55 gallon water barrels so that we can get our 2 week supply of water.  It was  lot of fun.  It was a good way to spend a lot of money and not feel guilty about it.  This is a picture after we got it organized.  I was so pumped.  I know this is just a start but at least I know we've got something in case of emergencies.

This is just a cute picture of our little Teag.  (And his adorable pokey ear.)
Our two beautiful girls!
Happy Case lot shopping.  Also my favorite blog (besides all of yours ) is myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com

Check it out its great.  It also has a website that goes with it that I signed up for.  Its myfoodstoragedeals.com

9 comments:

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

That is amazing. I guess I know where to come incase of an emergency. I need to do better at food storage also, but yours looks amazing and has motivated me to be better. The kids are adorable.

Necha said...

I know! Don't you just love it! We hit a case lot sale this week too, and we have been ordering stuff through the church like dry beans, wheat, powdered milk, etc. for the last year or so. It is so nice to have that peace of mind that you have your storage!! Congrats!!

Wheeler Family said...

Great job! I need to work on that more. I love your organization too!

Taffy and Tony said...

Great job! I can't wait to get our storage room done--Tony has it all framed! Then we can fill it up. I hope I can make it look as organized as yours.

NatBug said...

Just a start? I think that your food storage looks awesome!!! I am so jealous. I told John that we need a bigger house with a storage room like yours to fill up. I showed him a picture and he was amazed, he thought it was great! He said why don't we do that? I said build me a big storage room and I will. Now, because of you I know what a great food storage should look like.

Bobbidee said...

That is awesome, good job!!! :)

Tippetts Family said...

Kudos on food storage! Tif is doing really good. She unfortunately has not given into the world of the blog, but she does facebook. She is in Kemmerer right now, waiting for that perfect job opportunity. She did get an offer in Rockertown, but it wasn't enough money. I will let her know you said hi, and maybe you can catch up. possibly through facebook, if you do it.
Give the cuties a hug and a kiss for us!
Ben and Laycee

Unknown said...

Wowsa...I hit up Macy's caselot sale last weekend too, (and spent a fortune too), and was so proud of myself...but yours totally kicks my trash! :) It was so fun to see you a couple weekends ago! Love that little Teag and your adorable girls!!!

Lizzy said...

Wow look at that organization. Would you come over and organize me. Maybe it's just that my room is to small. Looks like it's time to build again. Do you know of a good painter. Just kiddin. But if you know of someone who wants to buy a house send them our way..