Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We spend Memorial Weekend camping at the Flaming Gorge.  We used my brother's camper which the kids thought was the coolest thing ever.  I thought it was great too when we woke up the first day with snow everywhere.  I was sure glad that I didn't have to go outside to cook breakfast.  Our friends have a big, beautiful motor home so we all piled in it to go down fishing and to just hang out when it rained, which was most of the weekend.  But we had a great time, regardless of the weather, and the girls were sad the day we told them we were heading home.

Josh, doing what consumes his mind most of the time, fishing!

Kenady is fed up with all the rain!



Presley is loving the camping life.

This is Kenady and Presley and friends riding in the motor home, checking out the view of the Gorge.




11 comments:

Rachael and Justin said...

I haven't been camping for so long. It does sound much nicer to be in a camper vs. a tent, especially with crapy weather! Are you guys getting a camper?

Ashlie said...

Your oldest daughter looks so much like you. Cute family!

Nacey family said...

Rachael,

We were going to buy my brother's but we decided that we would be better off buying furniture for our new house so that our guests don't have to sit on bean bags.

Shari Davis said...

Hey Jes! It was a pleasant surprise to hear from you! You've got such an adorable family! With one on the way! Wow! Congrats!!! I'm trying to keep my head up, but it's pretty hard. I have to keep remembering the end result, a brand new beautiful little baby!! Keep in touch!

The Amundsen's said...

how in the world did you get presley to smile for the camera?? i would definately have thought that that would be way too much for the little sweetie to actually smile while someone watched! she is soooo funny!!

Rachael and Justin said...

I love your "Rock Springs beach." There's some nice tumble weed in the backround!

The Nye's said...

Those are some WAY cute pictures! Too bad the weather was so yucky! Looks like you had fun anyway! We are going to have to come camping or boating with you sometime!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Hey Jesika, It is so great finding familiar faces in this blogging world. You're daughters are so cute!! I would love you to see our blog but I need your email address. We are private bloggers. Anyway your family is adorable.
Katie Bird-Boulter

Nacey family said...

Katie,

How are you? My email is joshnacey@mac.com.

I would love to see your blog.

Jesika

The Martinez Fam said...

Hey, Jesika!! I just noticed your name on Ashlie's blog!! How are ya? Your girls are so cute!! It looks like you guys have been doin' lots of fun stuff!! What a cute family!!

virginiaoak said...

Josh-So great to hear from you!Thanks for saying hey. You have such a cute family. Your girls are beautiful. Are you guys living in Utah? You'll have to tell your siblings and parents hi for me. It's been so long since I've seen any of you. Glad to know where I can find you guys. :)
Take care.
Sarah