This year Christmas was a bit different than it normally is. Included in all the busy-ness that normally accompanies Christmas, we got to move across the country to North Carolina the day after Christmas. In my mind I planned on being very organized and mentally prepared for how this would play out. I feel like it went fairly smoothly considering the circumstances.
Christmas eve we were fortunate enough to have my Mom and Dad over to celebrate with us. I loved that they were there! That is something that I wouldn't mind doing every year, but realize that I might have to share them with my siblings. It was nice to be able to share it with them since we haven't gone to either of our parents house for Christmas eve and day since we were first married.
Christmas eve was very nice and low key. We had delicious dinner and read from Luke 2. We also read the last of our 24 Christmas books that have been wrapped under our tree all month. My kids really love that tradition. The kids also opened a present which was of course pajamas. And they were also lucky enough to get another present from Grandma and Grandpa Mackey. It was a very nice. Then we made cookies for Santa and got the milk out. Jenna also came later from her in-laws and got to spend the rest of the night with us.
So the move went surprisingly well for having to drive the largest Penske truck, our black truck( driven by uncle Kurt) and the suburban, each packed to the gills across the country. I am feeling a little settled now and am eager to start enjoying what this area has to offer. If only we didn't have the darn school to interfere with our exploring.
The kids are doing good and getting adjusted. It is taking a little longer for Kenady to adjust than Presley but that is consistent with their personalities.
The ward here has been fabulous. I have already met tons a new friends. And one of them is a zumba instructor, so I feel right at home! Pretty much everyone else's husbands are also in the Army so it seems to work out nicely. The area we live in is supposedly a Special Forces area and from what I've noticed, that is true. Half the people I have talked to have husbands that have done the program or are in the program right now. That is nice because they know exactly what I'm going through as well. So, so far so good.
We miss our friends and family back west but are ready to party it up while we are out here. Or at least as much as we can with baby number 4 coming in May and a husband who can't take any vacation time. We will definitely figure it out though. He gets all the holidays off so we will be on the road for all of those for sure!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
5 comments:
So great to finally hear what's going on with you guys! Good luck with your adventure! (And post more pics soon!!)
Jess....you're such a rockstar to have Christmas at your house then move the next day! Glad to hear that everything is going well in N. Carolina....of course you already have tons of new friends!!! :)
So happy to hear you are doing well with ALL you have going on! Hope it continues going great--love your good attitude Jess! It is refreshing!:)
Wow! Sounds like exciting stuff your way! Hope all continues to go well. :)
Wow...a lot of changes for you. Congratulations on the move and #4 coming soon!!
Post a Comment