After a long summer of waiting for this trip to commence it had finally arrived. A two day drive to Fort Leonard Wood Missouri to stay for an unsure amount of time while we got to see Josh. The drive began on Monday the 15th when we drove to Laramie. My friend let us crash in her apartment for the night. I figured we could knock off that 3 hour drive and have two less intense days of driving the remaining 13.5 hours. So off we went across I-80 and the beautiful state of Nebraska. The drive went fairly well considering the scenery and the frequent roadside stops for little boy bathroom breaks.
We then went to our hotel where we planned on swimming to work out all our energy. We had the pool to ourselves which was nice because my kids were acting like maniacs. This picture of Teag is an indicator.
The next morning I thought we would only have about 6.5 hours of driving so we hung around in Lincoln for a little bit before hitting the road. We went to the sunken gardens. The girls loved it and Teag loved the koi ponds.
And this pic of me is in the wrong spot.
This pic of Josh was after Graduation. It was the only one of him smiling so thats why I put it in. He has a different name for Missouri, "Misery." He doesn't have too many fond memories of his time here.
This was after Graduation when we got back to the hotel for some little catching up and R&R.
The next day we went on a road trip to Lake of the Ozarks. They dammed up a river and created this lake which has over 1100 miles of shoreline. Its insanely huge. On the way there we passed several turtles on the road and Josh pulled over and picked one up for the kids to hold for a bit.
The kids thought it was so cool. Presley didn't really want to hold it so I didn't get a pic of her.
We went to Ha Ha Tonka State Park while down there. These are some castle ruins that we visited. It was really so stinking hot and humid there it made it kind of crappy. I was completely soaked after our half mile hike to the ruins.
This is the only family picture we got while we were there.
Then we headed down to the beach area. We found this little sandy beach and ended up staying there for the next 5 hours. The kids loved it. The water was like 90 degrees and it was shallow in this whole area. They had a great time and even met a new friend.
Presley not wanting her pic taken.
Teag showing us some cool tricks.
They did front flips, cartwheels, spins and everything else imaginable of this dock for at least two hours.
The next day we went bowling and went to the museum on the base. The museum was very cool. I was a little skeptical but it really showed me. The kids loved it too.
One of the days we went swimming at the rec on the base. It had the two diving boards which were the kids favorite part. Presley and Kenady both jumped of the tall one. I swear Teag would have jumped off it if we would have let him. He was doing front flips off the shorter one. He has no fear of water.
Here are some videos of our excursions. It was such a great trip. It was just the best being able to see Josh and spend some quality time with him. We are almost done with all this craziness. Yeah! Sidenote: On the drive back to Wyoming, I took a 2.5 day drive and condensed it into one day of complete butt and back breaking drive-a-thon. We left at 5:30 am on Thursday and got home at midnight. My back side has still not forgiven me for that. At least we made it home safe.
8 comments:
TEAG! You are crazaaaay!
I'm glad you guys had a GREAT time! You are a rockstar for condensing your drive home....we usually do that too, so excited to get home.
Hold up! Maybe you should clue us in as to why Josh is in Missouri in a uniform! Glad you had fun, just wondering what's up?
So glad you had a good trip and that you both are such troopers!
You are one incredible mom! You drove back in one day?! I don't know if my mind could take that. And Teag is A-Maz-ing. How the heck can I teach my kids not to have a fear of water?
so glad that you guys had fun and were able to spend time together!
Looks like an awesome trip, but I second "Taffy & Tony" why is Josh in a uniform? Rach has never mentioned this to me. Anyways, North Platte Nebraska is where my parents were from and we were just there in July and of course my boys had to get stuff from Fort Cody too! Oh, and supporting the Cornhuskers is their lives out there! You can't go to a town there without finding a "Big Red" store! So glad you made it home safely, I LOVE that your kids LOVE the water, my boys do too!
I agree with Taffy!! What a drive! Glad you made it safe!
Post a Comment