Monday, March 28, 2011

All about 8!

Kenady turned 8 on the 20th. I really can't believe it. I'm a mom with middle-aged kids. When did that happen? I told her she could get her ears pierced when she turned 8. When I told her that it seemed like so far away and now it has happened. This is Kenady getting ready for the gun.

After she was done. She didn't even budge, wimper or cry. What a brave girl. She said she had a vision of herself jumping when they pierced her ear and it ruined the hole so she was very aware of not moving.
Then, my dear sweet friend Debra wanted to throw Kenady a surprise tea party for her birthday. Of course I was game for that. She did everything even though I told her to let me help about 20 times. The only thing I did was the cake. It really was the best birthday any of my children will ever get. Thanks to Debra!
These are some of the girls getting ready for Kenady to come in the door.
I filmed her walking in but didn't get a pic of it. She was definitely surprised but very shy about it. She just had a huge grin on her face. This is Kenady trying out the pinky thing with the tea cup. Every girl had their own real teacup and saucer. Debra had all this. I do not own one piece of china. I wasn't much help in that category.
So happy!

Birthday cake. Totally sub par for how awesome the party was.
The spread of food.
Presley looking stylish.
Kenady all decked out with some friends.
Getting ready for the pinata.
Opening presents.
I told Kenady how lucky she was to get a surprise party. Most people never get one in their whole lives. She was so happy and so were we. It was a great birthday. Now onto the baptism. Her date is set for April 16th. More of that to come later.

2 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

How fun! Surprise parties are the best! I hope someone wants to do a party for one of my kids someday, since I'm really no good at that sort of thing, either. And I'm with you--are we old enough to have 8-year-olds yet?!?

Anna Winn and Family said...

ok - you are going to have to show me how to make that dang fondant. I tried and made a HUGE mess.