Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls

We have been busy, but I've also just been lazy and not keeping up this blog. Yay for a new post.

We just got back from a family wedding/ trip to Disneyland and it has been a whirlwind of excitement and fun for our kids. Unfortunately, our camera malfunctioned in the airport on the way home so I can't get those pictures off of our camera, yet. I will get them soon and will post all about our fabulous trip. Until then,

This was us hiking up to look at the "waterfall" in Rock Springs. Its the closest thing we have to a real waterfall and it is only around in the spring. There is water falling though.

It was a little chilly if you can't tell on this particular Wyoming spring day.

Here is the "waterfall." You can barely see it. The girls climbed all the way down by the water, but I stayed up a little with Teag. It would have been a little difficult to carry him down there. The path was steep and I didn't really want to slide to the bottom with Teag tumbling down after.
We made a cake one Sunday afternoon and these are three chocolate-faced little stinkers. At least they are happy. Teag was really happy about 10 seconds after this picture was taken and he took the spatula to the top of the cake.
Kenady had a girl scout Daddy/Daughter Princess Ball. This is them before they left. Kenady said it was the best night ever and Josh said it was the best night that you can have with 100 girl scouts ranging in ages 6-9 who love to dance and giggle. They had a great time together, something Kenady will never forget I'm sure.
Josh's Dad turned 50 a couple weeks ago and these are most of the grandkids waiting for him to walk in the door and yell surprise!
These last pictures are just of cakes that I've done in the last couple months. Two weddings and a funeral (aka Josh's Dad's 50th). I'm kinda caked out right now! Disneyland pictures to come soon!



8 comments:

NatBug said...

Gosh Jess, your cakes are so creative and beautiful! I love the one for Shaun, too funny! Sounds like you guys have been having alot of fun lately.

Cammie said...

I've been missing you! We must get together soon!

Rachael and Justin said...

I miss you guys!! I wish we could have been there for the wedding and "funeral." Your cakes are so gorgeous! When are you going to open your own cake shop??? I'm excited to see the Disney pictures.

Taffy and Tony said...

Wow! Now I know who to call when I need a cake. They look awesome! I think it's fun to see all my friends' talents they've developed as adults. I don't think I would have predicted any of them (my own new ones included.)

Aspen said...

You are so talented and your kids are so cute! I;m in the rock for a few weeks! We need to play!

Randi said...

so uh . . . wondering if you could just drive out to my house and make the Lightening McQueen cake I promised my son for the bday next week??? ;) you're pretty good! I'm impressed!

Amanda said...

Cute kids with chocolate faces! Can't wait to see your Disneyland pics! Kenady kept singing "It's a Small World" when I was teaching her primary class so I'm guessing she had a great time :)

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Looks and sounds like you are having fun! Love the cakes! They are beautiful. :)