Monday, September 28, 2009

Bear Lake!

This post is approximately 2 months late. But better late than never, I guess. This year my family had our first Mark and Stella Mackey family reunion in Bear Lake. It was a good time had by all. We camped for two nights had dutch oven, rode bikes, hit the lake, played cards, had a hot dog roast and every other great thing that comes with camping and family reunions. Josh is one that hates family reunions, I'm not sure how this feeling came about, but he actually had a really good time at this one. These are some pictures of our events. This is us playing in the sand. My kids were astonished that there was actually sand at the lake. They are used to the Flaming Gorge where the beaches consist of rocks, mud or sagebrush.



Teag is intrigued by the a couple of things 1) he can see his toes in the water or 2) the feeling of sand up in places that it probably shouldn't be.
Presley has OCD about toe jam in her toes. She checks her toes(and Teag's) for toe jam several times a day. The sand between her toes was killing her. She just couldn't take it.
Josh lookin' hot on his pontoon boat. He brought it to try fishing but my nieces and nephews ended up having possession of it most of the day. They all loved it.
Teag is trying to escape the play pen, but to no avail.
It was a great weekend. Gotta love Bear Lake and Raspberry shakes. Just wish it was a bit closer so we could enjoy it more often.

5 comments:

Bobbidee said...

It looks like great fun! I love Bear Lake and the raspberry shakes. That is hilarious about the toes!

Taffy and Tony said...

Looks like much fun! How funny about Presley's OCD. I guess we all have our quirks! And nephews? I thought you only had neices.

Cammie said...

Fun times. My sister lived in Logan for a few years, and Bear Lake was one of their favorite spots. We've never made it up there yet, maybe next year.

And I'm with Presley...Gotta keep stuff out of the toe cracks!

NatBug said...

How fun Jess! I remember going to Bear Lake with Josh's family when I was younger, it was so much fun! An your right the raspberry shakes are the best!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

I miss Bear Lake. And I have talked about it so much that it is one of my children's most desired destinations. Fun stuff. :)